Central Analysis Center for Traffic Accidents
Improvements on Road Traffic Environment and Areas of Multiple Traffic Accidents
Improvements on Areas of Multiple Traffic Accidents
Through site survey and traffic cause analysis of areas of multiple traffic accidents, we are able to provide improvements on traffic facilities and operational policies to solve the problem of multiple accidents.
Diagnosis of Road Traffic Safety
As the expert institute in the diagnosis of traffic safety, we are able to improve on the design and implementation plan prior to the actual opening of new roads for use and eliminate the possibility of accidents before they actually happen.
Service to Regional Organizations on Traffic Safety
Based on the Traffic Safety Regulations, regional government organizations need to devise implementation plans on analyzing the causes of accidents and traffic safety within the region so the Road Traffic Authority provides consulting and outsourced services to assist the regional organizations in this area.
Investigation of Traffic Accidents and In-depth Analysis of Major Accidents
Construction and Operation of a Central Government Traffic Accident DB for Statistical Analysis
Central Traffic Accident DB based on GIS information
Traffic Accident data which were dispersed among different agencies (police, insurance companies, traffic associations, etc.) were merged together into one Central Government Traffic Accident DB which is operated by the Road Traffic Authority and the information is shared by all related institutions serving the role as a Hub for traffic accident data.
- Operation of a GIS-based Central DB that can be used to perform in-depth and integrated analysis of the causes of traffic accidents
- Support the planning of traffic safety policies and regulations by the national and regional government agencies
- Support the service of providing customized traffic safety policies by region and area
- Provide web service for the public on traffic accident statistics
Statistical Analysis of Traffic Accidents
- Statistical analysis of traffic accidents throughout the nation by region and by characteristics
- [Traffic Accident Statistics Report]
International Data Exchange
- Provide traffic accident statistics on Korea to the IRTAD(International Relational Traffic Accident DB) which is an organization under the OECD
- [OECD Members Traffic Accident Comparison Report]